- November 18th @ Patched Together benefit, Altoona (3:00 PM)
- November 24th @ US Hotel, Hollidaysburg (7:00 PM) opening for Jim Donovan & the Sun King Warriors
- November 25th @ Northen Cambria VFW (9:00 PM) W/ C.Leo Bloomfield & En 'N Born - Earthworks album release
- February 24th @ The Place to Gather, Patton (6:00 - 10:00 PM) w/ lots of guests
- March 24th @ Hastings Wine Fest (Hasting Park & Rec.) Early entry 3:00 PM - Event 4:00 - 8:00 PM w/ Ed 'N Born
- March 29th @ Greenbean Coffee House (6:00 PM) as part of Open Mic
- March 31st @ Park Ave Pub, Patton (10:00 - 1:00 AM) w/ friends
- April 20th @ Private event w/ friends (Patton)
- April 28th @ stART Here, Altoona (Juniata) benefitting community arts of Blair county (event 12:00 - 6:00 PM)
- May 26th @ Private event w/ friends (St. Boniface)
- June 1st @ Patton Legion (10:00 - 1:00 AM)
- June 8th @ McGarvey's Altoona w/ Zach Wade & the Good Grief
- June 21st @ Altoona RoundHouse Rally (Heritage Plaza, Event 4-9)
- June 30th @ Delbert Benefit (Northern Cambria) w/ lots of bands
- July 4th @ Patton Park
- August 18th @ The Hungry Duck (Roaring Spring) 1:00-3:00 PM Tie-Dye Party
- Sept 9th @ Private Party (Altoona)
- Sept 14th @ Artisans on 11th (Altoona) 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Sept 22nd @ cre814 Altoona (Railcar) 1:30 - 2:45 PM
- Oct 6th @ People's Natural Gas Park (Johnstown)
January 4th @ Artisan's on 11th, Altoona
February 15-16 @ Willie's Good Lovin' Pajama Jam, Sinking Valley
May 11th @ Woodey Lodge Winery, Ashville
June 15th @ Showdown Flowdown, Gibbons Glade (3-day fest with tons of other bands)
July 19th @ McGarvey's, Altoona w/ Rogozo
August 24th @ Woodey Lodge Winery, Ashville
News & Updates
Our new album “Peel & Reveal” will be released to the masses June 14th, 2019. Be sure to stay tuned for more brand new songs and sounds.
Check out our entire catalog of previously released material on all the regular media outlets.
Thanks for all the love and support.
Keep and eye out for any number of us at the local jams, open mics, and other spontaneous get-downs.
The Nag Champions Mystery Band established itself in 2016 as a project created by Derek Gresh and soon featured Ed Hofer on percussion and Tim Homerski on bass and keyboards. The group was founded on the principle of constantly creating non-disposable, genuine songs and music. The group's sound harkens back to the golden age of rock and pop music and provides a uniquely familiar sound within all of their diverse material. The Nag Champions sound is a balance of the warm, relatable sounds of the past and the weird, fuzzy crunch of the unknown future.
The project started as a kind of solo effort by Gresh but quickly became a full-fledged band employing the use of various drums and percussion instruments as well as the sounds of acoustic instrumentation such as banjo, mandolin, and flute. Drawing from classic rock and roll, blues, folk, and country music the band blends together sounds of the past, present, and future. The group is also known to explore the psychedelic realm with spacious, often improvised, instrumentals providing a fine balance of heavy and light.
The Nag Champions Mystery Band is intent on adapting to any circumstance and willing to play in any kind of set up or arrangement whether that is a minimal acoustic duo or a complete multi-instrumental rock band. This band is a group of musicians and artists that always embrace the unknown on their constant exploration of musical space.